- This event has passed.
New Instructor – July 28-30
July 28 @ 11:00 am - July 30 @ 12:00 pm$450
The New Instructor Seminar is designed specifically for individuals from business, industry and healthcare who are beginning their role as an instructor, but all post-secondary teachers are welcome. The focus of the seminar is on improving instructional planning for the classroom/lab and improving the execution of instructional strategies to increase student learning.
- Construct one complete lesson plan
- Build effective competencies (using Bloom’s Taxonomy)
- Develop memorable and clear lesson introductions and summaries
- Generate oral questions for student engagement & learning
- Create teaching strategies to aid students in developing competence
- Discuss the creation of a positive classroom learning environment
- Practice teaching the completed lesson plan