- This event has passed.
Summer New Instructor Workshop – July 26-28, 2022—FULL-CLOSED-PLEASE ENROLL FOR SEPTEMBER NEW INSTRUCTOR
July 26, 2022 @ 11:00 am - July 28, 2022 @ 12:00 pm$450
The New Instructor Seminar is designed specifically for individuals from business, industry and healthcare who are beginning their role as an instructor, but all post-secondary teachers are welcome. The focus of the seminar is on improving instructional planning for the classroom/lab and improving the execution of instructional strategies to increase student learning.
- Construct one complete lesson plan
- Build effective competencies (using Bloom’s Taxonomy)
- Develop memorable and clear lesson introductions and summaries
- Generate oral questions for student engagement & learning
- Create teaching strategies to aid students in developing competence
- Discuss the creation of a positive classroom learning environment
- Practice teaching the completed lesson plan
July 28-Course Planning/Semester planning
The third day of the workshop is also open to faculty wanting to learn more about planning out a semester. Planning courses and coursework is an essential part of what makes curriculum work. Many CTE instructors struggle with writing good performance objectives, breaking down tasks into manageable bits and developing good lesson plans