- This event has passed.
Fall New Instructor Workshop -Sept 14-15, 2023
September 14 @ 8:30 am - September 15 @ 5:00 pm$350
Dates and Times:
- Sept 14 – 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Sept 15 – 8:00am to 5:00pm
The New Instructor Workshop is designed specifically for individuals from business, industry and healthcare who are beginning their role as an instructor, but all post-secondary teachers are welcome. The focus of the seminar is on improving instructional planning for the classroom/lab and improving the execution of instructional strategies to increase student learning.
- Construct one complete lesson plan
- Build effective competencies (using Bloom’s Taxonomy)
- Develop memorable and clear lesson introductions and summaries
- Generate oral questions for student engagement & learning
- Create teaching strategies to aid students in developing competence
- Discuss the creation of a positive classroom learning environment
- Practice teaching the completed lesson plan